Wednesday, 18 June 2014

A cushion is as good as a change

I popped into my local T K Maxx at the weekend and bought some bargain cushions for my living room. I am loving looking at what they have in at the moment, and because they seem to change and update their stock so much, there is usually something that catches my eye (which some could see as a bad thing-ahem-husband!). 

The cushions in my lounge are something which I seem to be always changing.  Aside from the fact I love a cushion, I have Christmas cushions which are rolled out over the festive period, and then at random intervals over the year I will be on the look out for cushion updates!  It sounds silly, but I think if you can just make small changes to a room, like adding a bit of colour with accessories, it can really have a big impact without you having to get the paint and wallpaper stripper out!

The last few cushions I have bought have been quite muted brown colours, so I was definitely on the look out for a bit of colour.


The first two I picked up are by a brand called Malini, who I must say I have never heard of. They are floral, and one is in blue/green tones, whilst the other is almost a sepia colour.  They are a good size, and very comfortable as they are feathered cushion.  I only paid £10 for each of them as they were in the clearance section.   

The other cushion I bought is the same brand, but is much larger and heavier.  It is a beige base colour with a black velvet floral pattern.  This one was only £8, again in the clearance section.


As always, when I get new cushions, Pablo, is banned from sitting on them and I have done a good job of protecting them so far.  We will have to see how long this lasts though before he gets his little paws on them!!

Do you regularly update the cushions in your home or is it just me?
Thanks for reading and see you on Friday. 

Laura x

Slight update on the Pablo and cushion situation...this happened...


the rascal! 



6 comments:

  1. Oh I love these cushions - they are absolutely beautiful. You really can't beat a TK Maxx bargain. I hope the Pablo cushion prevention work goes well - he's a little cutie! Also, and slightly off-topic, but how amazing is your sofa?! I showed it to my fiance and his exact words were 'dream sofa' - it's gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you and your fiance for the lovely comment on our sofa!
    I am afraid the Pablo prevention work is ongoing :-0
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cushions! I love your blog and have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!
    Camille xo.
    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you do much for your lovely comments and welcome to my blog! I really hope you enjoy it and I would love to take a look at your blog! I will pop over now :-)
      x

      Delete
  4. I love the cushions! You dog is so cute!
    xx
    Brooke Jordan
    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog.
      x

      Delete