Friday, 13 June 2014

A Tale Of Two Stripes

I do love a stripe...when I am shopping the stripes seem to have their own magnetic field and I am immediately drawn to purchasing yet more for my wardrobe!  Here's two pieces from my wardrobe at the moment that I have been loving and wearing (alot!).

The Zara top...

I bought this from Zara and I have worn and worn it. Link here.
It's only £19.99, and I think the lace detail around the neck makes it something a bit different from just a plain t-shirt.  I have hand washed it because I was worried about it shrinking which I do find with Zara tops sometimes, and so far this top has lasted pretty well.  The length of the top isn't too short and falls nicely when you wear it with jeans, so you don't have to worry about any midriff showing!  I think having pieces like this in your wardrobe are fab for when you just want to throw something on without fussing too much about your outfit.  I normally throw this t-shirt on when I haven't got too much time to think about what I'm wearing.  Particularly on the grocery run, so maybe the people in Sainsburys think this is all I own!

The shoes are from H&M which I picked up recently, and I am loving them!!! They remind me a little of wearing a pair of slippers...but I have seen them alot in the shops.  The bonus with these shoes is that they were only £9.99...bargain! Link Here

The H&M top...


I saw this in H&M, and felt this top was a bit different from what's already in my wardrobe (aside from being stripey).  The top is still available online here Link.- and its now in the sale too!

The top is cropped with 3/4 length sleeves.  I don't normally like cropped tops, as I am not one for showing my midriff, but because the top is quite thin, I can layer this with a white vest underneath if I am wearing it with my jeans, and the extra layer is also a plus for the cold British weather!!!  
I do also own a few pairs of trousers with quite a high waist and these shorts (which are past season from Zara), means no midriff is visible!!!

As an aside note, you really have no idea how hard it is to pose with one leg balancing on a tree. In the majority of photos I looked like a flamingo.  This is the best of the bunch!!
Baba was also copying my poses (or lack of) and she naturally nailed it in the first shot!


What about you...are you yay or nay for stripes? 

Happy Friday everyone and hope you all have a good weekend! Thanks for reading. 

Laura x

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love loveee the Zara top with the lace around the neck! And i love how the other is so summery and nautical :)

    Lauren | http://www.livelovelauren.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lauren! You are too kind :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Love it!

    Christine
    asouthernshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always tempted by a striped top, that have to tell myself, no Charlotte you have enough!

    The first one is my fave, love the lace detail x

    ordainingserendipity.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read the post...as I type this I am wearing yet another striped top! :-)
      x

      Delete
  5. I love nautical style stripes like this but surprisingly I don't actually own anything striped! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadie you NEED some in your wardrobe :-)
      Thanks for reading
      x

      Delete
  6. A huge fan of stripes! :)

    I just love both of the tops - so pretty.

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like a magnet towards stripes as well, they are just so classic and go with everything. I love the first top, the lace detailing is really pretty xx

    Sarah // A Sunday Smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I nearly bought another striped top yesterday but somehow managed to talk myself out of it :-)
      x

      Delete