Friday, 20 June 2014

Florals, Art and Afternoon Tea

Hi and welcome to another Fashion Friday! Can you believe this is my third one!!???
So this week I had a really lovely day out in Manchester and I wanted to share my OOTD with you all. Hope you like it!


I first spotted this skirt on one of my friends when we were having a group get-together and I just fell in love with it.  I thought it was so so pretty.  Luckily, my friend was ok with me purchasing the same skirt for two reasons, 1) because she is so lovely and 2) we don't actually see each other that often so I could justify getting my wear out of it and not turning up to the same places looking like her clone :-)

The skirt is from New Look Link Here and its currently on offer for £14.99!  Its a really nice soft material, and doesn't crease too easily.  I wore it all day and it still looked good in the evening.  I think a maxi skirt is perfect for Summer and is very versatile, taking you from day to night too.  I paired the skirt with a black vest top from Vera Moda, which I can't actually find on their website. It has buttons down the front and then it kind of crosses over at the back.  The closest I could find was this black top from their website Link Here

I then wore my long time favourite Dune Hobart sandals, which I have worn to death and I think they may eventually just turn to dust around my ankles.  But for now I adore wearing these.  I have searched on the internet but no-where seems to be selling them anymore, but it looks like there are a few for sale on eBay if you are interested.



We actually spent the day in Manchester because it was my mums birthday.  Me, my husband and Baba spent the morning at the Lowry art gallery, and then we all met up for afternoon tea at the Lowry hotel.  The food was aaaaammmmmmaaaaazing!  I don't think I have perfected my skills as a blogger yet because I didn't take a single snap of the food (not one!), I just ate it all up and then only remembered when I had an empty plate (and if you wanted to see an empty plate you could just look in your cupboards!!!).  Anyway, I am sure you can imagine the most delicious little cakes, scones and sandwiches!!!  It was so nice to spend the afternoon with the family and the sun shone all day.  It was just perfect!

Hope you all have had a good week and have a lovely weekend.  See you on Monday for a very special post and special guest!

Laura
x


4 comments:

  1. That skirt is so beautiful! My wish list has increased rather significantly since I've started blogging, it's not good! Might have to visit New Look at the weekend now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I know exactly what you mean about blogging increasing the wish lists and decreasing the bank balance!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Aww thank you! :-) and thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog x

      Delete