Sunday, 1 June 2014

My first ever Blog Post...Hi!


So this is my first ever blog post!! Eek!
If I am being completely honest, I do have a feeling that the only people that will be reading this are my mum (hi mum!), my husband (hi husband!), and possibly my sister...though my sister has informed that me that she very much wonders who on earth will read what I have to say (charming...thanks sis!!!).
Anyway....I have been wanting to write a blog post for sometime now and I have been reading alot of other peoples blogs, watching peoples YouTube videos, and thought I might give it a go and, well, here I am.
So, I think my first blog post should tell whoever is reading this a bit about me-here goes...

I am a thirty something (!) year old living in the East Midlands in the United Kingdom.  I live with my husband of 5 years, and my gorgeous daughter, who I shall call Baba in my blog. Baba is nearly two years old, and she is amazing.  Baba has turned our lives upside down and we are all the better for it.



Also in family is Pablo, our seven year old border terrier (and yes that is his real name).
That makes up the lauraevelyn household.



And me? Well....I love fashion...I mean who doesn't right? I like browsing the internet for new styles and pieces, then either indulging in a spot of internet or high street shopping.  I guess I tailor alot of styles into my life....and when I say tailor, I mean tailor...I can no longer get away with white t-shirts or white anything to be honest...it was a push before I had Baba (I am prone to spilling my food down myself at any given point during the day) but now Baba is here, I usually have something drawn or wiped on me by breakfast, so the clothes I choose have really got to be wearable for my day to day life! Also, I attend lots of groups with Baba, you know like playgroups, and I just don't feel that comfortable going in all of my best clothes to be sitting on the floor singing 'the wheels on the bus'.  My wardrobe kinda reflects days when I know I'm definitely going to get painted on, or there is a high risk of some unruly child spilling their blackcurrant juice on me, and then days when I'm going to get dressed up, such as our family weekends or when I am out with the girls for lunch or maybe out in the evenings.

I am also obsessed with beauty products and makeup, and as much as I can get away with on the bank balance, I like to try whats new and hey, just whats pretty!!!! From since I can remember I have loved perusing the aisles of Boots trying to find a good buy or a new product with a big list of promises! (That I always believe!!)

I'm not working at the moment and have taken a five year career break from the NHS whilst Baba is little.  I am enjoying every moment of my time off...and I'm figuring that if I am lucky enough to have this time off I am going to grasp it with both hands...I may have to work until I am 90 or something...so what is a few years taken off now?? (This is my new mantra!)

Whilst being a mum is amazing and the best job ever...I'm still Laura...and I think I am feeling that more so now Baba is a little older.  I am definitely feeling that interest in fashion and beauty and wanting to look and feel good.  I think that when Baba was very small, even though I never completely lost interest in any of those above things-I just didn't have the time to think about them...feeds, nappies and just trying to sleep were alot more important!!



So onto my blog...I am going to blog three times a week to begin with....Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  The themes I have planned is a post on Mondays linked to an aspect of life with Baba, (Mummy Mondays)...Wednesdays will be a post about whatever takes my fancy to blog about that week, maybe fashion, beauty, hair, or home stuff (Whatever Wednesdays) and then finally Fridays will be a fashion related post (Fashion Fridays)...and yes, I know my titles may not be very original....but lets see how it goes! A girl has got to start somewhere!

So, I think that is everything I want to say for now.  I am both excited and terrified to have finally plucked up the courage to start this blog, here goes!

Tomorrow is my first Mummy Monday, and I am going to give you the low down on baby changing bags.

Thank you for reading and welcome to my blog!

Laura x



3 comments:

  1. You seem like such a lovely person. I read your comment from Sprinkle of Glitter's motivational monday article and I just couldn't resist checking out your blog, which is lovely by the way. I hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, I woke up this morning and read your comment and you have made my week! That's so very kind of you, thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my very very new blog! Hope you have a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely-sounding blog!

    Philippa

    ReplyDelete