Friday, 6 June 2014

The Denim Dress You Need...

I haven't worn a denim dress in a very, very long time...probably the last denim dress I owned was a Levi dress when I was channeling the vibe of Nelly Furtado in her 'I'm Like a Bird' video.  So, like I said, it has been a while!!!

I was in Topshop buying my sister a voucher for her birthday, and that should have been warning enough that there was just no way I was leaving the store with a voucher alone. After having a little snoop round, this dress caught my eye, and I just think it is so wearable, pretty and versatile, and yup, it came home with me!


What I Iike about this dress is that it is a lovely length and I think you could get away with wearing it dressed up or down.  It would look cute with a pair of converse or sandals.  I wore it last night to go out for a meal with the girls and I paired it with a pair of nude heels from New Look. (I could only find the shoes as Wide Fit on their website- Link here), a chunky necklace from Primark, and my trusted mulberry bag (Similar style-Link here).  I decided to plait my hair in a fishtail braid too.  I have actually just mastered the art of this braid and thought it went with my smart/casual outfit!


I felt dressed up, but not too OTT if you know what I mean, and I felt comfortable to boot! The cut of this dress meant that after I had polished off my Thai curry and chocolate souffle, the signs of my food baby were undetectable! Result!

The dress is still available at Topshop Link Here

Laura x







7 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a cute dress! Love your sweet side braid too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my blog! And thank you for your lovely comment...you have made my Saturday! x

      Delete
  2. I have a denim dress I bought from ebay about four years ago after being inspired by one of Garance Dore's street style posts. It's a very pale blue shirt dress with little poppers instead of buttons from Mexx (do they exist bag more?) really 80s but also classic and simple. I love it. It can look super-casual or quite dressy depending on how you accessorise it. Which reminds me I am still looking for the perfect belt to go with it ...

    Yours looks lovely on you! It's a perfect blue.

    Philippa

    http://ofpinsandneedles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was meant to say any, not bag. I love autocorrect, but not always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Philippa...I am certainly getting my wear out of this dress! And thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog. It means alot! x

    ReplyDelete