Friday, 18 July 2014

7 Days In Fashion

I had been pondering what I was going to post today and then it suddenly hit me.  I hadn't bought anything recently that I could blog about...duh duh duuuuuuh.  What on earth should a very new wannabe blogger do?!?  My first obvious instinct, in order to remain with the cool bloggers, was to pop into town and purchase something.  Then I got a hold of myself and got a bloody grip.  This would be wrong on so many levels, the very first being my bank balance. It also wasn't being very true to myself or the honesty of my blog. which is about my actual life and fashion I wear.  

Fashion has not completely passed me by this week, oh, no, no.  I mean I had to get dressed and on certain days I actually thought about what I was throwing on! So, instead of my usual OOTD poses and shiny new clothes, here's the clothes that actually already live in my wardrobe, and what I wore and got up to in the last seven days.  


Saturday
I am not going to lie.  We are currently laying laminate flooring to the upstairs bedrooms and for the most part of the morning I kept my pjs on as I glossed a door (yuk, I hate glossing with a passion).  We did take Pablo for a walk out in the afternoon and this is what I threw on. 
Top: Zara (recent)
Shorts: Zara (old)

Sunday 
More decorating and this is what I wore to do it in! Please excuse the complete chaos in the background of this photo.  This wardrobe mirror is the ONLY full length mirror I have.  I know, I know, I have no right to call myself a fashion blogger!
Top: Topshop (I wouldn't even say old, very ancient)
Jeans: Topshop (old)

Monday
Mondays are always a bit hectic.  Me and Baba have messy play in the morning and then a stay and play in the afternoon.  I allowed myself to actually wear white to these groups as this top not only washes really well but I am getting pretty good at dodging paint splashes!
Top: Oasis (last Summer)
Jeans: Topshop (Old but they are the Leigh style)

Tuesday 
Tuesday was a running errands kind of day.  You know the drill, we had run out of milk, I lost Baba in how big the pile of ironing had got, walking the dog who also got misplaced in the ironing pile, more running around the house brandishing a potty.  
Top: H&M (recent)
Jeans: Marks and Spencer (last Summer)

Wednesday
Wednesdays are Baba's swimming lessons.  I literally just throw anything on that is easy to wear and scrape my hair back on these days.  There ain't no fashion police at the swimming pool!!!  This dress is so comfortable to wear and quick to change in and out of. 
Dress: Primark (recent)

Wednesday Evening
I went out in the evening with some of my most lovely friends.  We went to a local pub that serves amazing and delicious food.  Was so good to chat and catch up.  I teamed my tribal print dress with just some flat sandals as I felt heels were a bit to dressey for the venue. 
Dress: Zara (sale - recent)
Shoes: Dune (old)

Thursday
My hair maybe wavy from styling it the night before, but that is the extent of my effort here.  Me and Baba were off to the supermarket, and I really do not care what I look like! I mean, I do brush my teeth and wash my face, but I really can't be bothered with putting on makeup.  I also think its good to try and have days in the week when you give your skin a bit of a rest from it, well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!! 
Dress: Topshop (recent)

So there you have it.  My last seven days in fashion.  Hope you enjoyed! Would love to hear your thoughts on going makeup free...is that something you do, or I am just being lazy and scaring the locals?! Please pop your thoughts in the comments below!

Thank you so much for reading and wishing you a fantastic weekend! Woop woop! 

x

5 comments:

  1. Looking lovely lady! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog it was lovely. Have you heard of a linky called All About You? Do you follow me on twitter? If so tweet me and I will send you the link xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits! Thursday's Topshop dress is so pretty and that Zara dress is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Zara dress! I have a tribal print dress from Warehouse, it's a style I'm really starting to like :) x

    http://homewithjenny.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I have worn this dress so much now.
      And thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I really appreciate it x

      Delete