Wednesday, 9 July 2014

A Present In The Plum Tree

Hello again!!  I was in two minds whether to publish this post about presents I received for my birthday.  I think mainly this was because it felt a little self indulgent, but I have to admit that I am soooo nosey that I always love reading other peoples blogs or watching their vlogs on the subject.  Instead of just showing you what I got, I thought I would come at it from the angle that you get to see a few of my favourite gifts, but it also serves as good ideas for if you have any friends birthdays that are coming up or even if you want to treat yourself! Also, I should just mention I was playing around as to where best to take photographs of the items and I came up with the ingenious (!) idea of balancing all items in our Plum Tree...I thought this gave it an 'Alice in Wonderland' theme as little presents appearing in a tree (wouldn't that be nice!)...but erm, see what you think!!!  So first up in the plum tree...



...the Urban Decay Naked Palette...now wait...I can hear you all yelling what the hell!?!?! I know, I know, this palette was released back in 2010, but I completely missed the bandwagon for this product (clearly!).  I am now officially in love with this palette!  I have been playing around with the colours for both day and night and I have not a bad word to say about it. Love, love , love! Link here!

N.B. this wouldn't fit in the tree!
This box is actually a photo album holder and inside there are little books to store your photographs.  I love this as I love printing my photographs out and I think this is an unusual and space saving way to store them all! Similar here.


This little lovebird photo frame is so so cute and just goes with my bedroom decor.  I just need to think about what photos I want to put inside now! (I can't find this online, but you will probably find in store at Next).  Similar here.



Next up is this candle from Laura Ashley which smells amazing!! I am actually a little obsessed with eating figs at the moment, so this fig tree and cassis candle has come into my life at the right time! Link here and its currently on sale too!



And finally is this necklace from Oasis.  This is just gorgeous.  It has a nude strap to it which means it is so versatile, and just so so pretty!!!  This is such a good gift to buy someone if you are not sure what style or colour jewellery to get them.  I know I am going to wear this necklace so much! Its available here.



So there you have it.  A whistle top tour of my plum tree and a few of my favourite gifts.  I hope you enjoyed this post and hope it has given you some inspiration! Have you bought any gifts recently or do you need some help buying for someone... I would love to hear from you so please comment below!

Thanks for reading. 



12 comments:

  1. Came across your Blog from Fleur's I would just like to say that your blog is amazing..I love the design and the pictures.. Just amazing


    If you have a minute please come over to my Blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ leave a comment if you would.... it would mean a lot


    have a lovely day.. Keep up the good work


    Jade :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for your lovely comment! That means so much and I would love to pop by your blog!
      x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely set of gifts! The photo box is genius and so pretty. Confession time - I've never used the original Naked palette...! I've used Naked 2 which I love, but never the original..I don't think I can be a proper blogger :)

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Beccy...and so glad to hear your confession!!!! At least you own a Naked Palette though so I think we should still both qualify for beauty bloggers (just) :-)
      x

      Delete
  3. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita! You have made my day...that means so much to me!
      x

      Delete
  4. When I first saw this I thought your husband had done some fancy, birthday treasure hunt and was 'well jeal'! Regardless, your gifts are fabulous - I too am a recent convert to UD Naked so you're not the only latecomer! Love, love, love your necklace, it is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He,He...I wish he had done and might tell him that for next year!!!! :-)
      Thank you so much for reading and commenting! It means alot to me!
      x

      Delete
  5. Oh wow such gorgeous gifts. I love that chest of photo albums, it's so beautiful and unique to anything I've ever seen before xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Gemma and thank you for commenting!!! I really appreciate it!
    Yes the photo album is lovely and very space saving too :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love these kinds of posts too. Nosey parkers. Mish loves the Naked Palettes but I STILL haven't got one. I have so many eye shadows already... they are lovely though.

    Tori xxx

    P.S. Happy B'day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-) And thank you for taking the time to comment...it means alot to me!
      x

      Delete