Wednesday, 2 July 2014

The Birthday Blog...Or the week it was my birthday all week!

Hi everyone and for today's Whatever Wednesday I thought I would share some photos from my birthday week last week (erm, yep I dragged it on that long).  Hope you enjoy :-) 

Saturday 21st June

A Champagne Breakfast 


Cheers!
I was treated to a gorgeous Champagne breakfast on Saturday morning at a little place called Morley Hayes in Derbyshire.  The food was delicious and I ate til I could eat no more!! I am definitely still not a seasoned blogger as I always eat my food before any photos are taken!!! But to give you an idea I ate pastries, fruit, toast, muesli, and then waffles with banana and salted caramel, and then I drank fresh orange juice, tea and champagne.  I could barely move after that!

The rest of the day was our usual Saturday antics.  We did buy some new flooring for the upstairs if anyone's interested!!! (My husband sneakily dropped Pablo off at his parents later that evening...and my suspicions grew that we were staying overnight somewhere on the Sunday).

Sunday 22nd June
Oxford
After putting on a face mask (hey, I wanted to ward off any wrinkles which may be about to miraculously appear in a day), we headed to the beautiful city of Oxford.  I have never been before, but it was lovely.  We wandered around the town, had a picnic in the walls of the old castle and then had a walking tour of the universities.  I was particularly thrilled to find out that one of the grounds was where they filmed some of the scenes from Harry Potter. Rather embarrassingly I did have some photos of me in various poses with a twig I had found and I was brandishing it as a wand (it had to be done).


Mandatory Birthday Face Mask







The above two photographs are from doorways around the universities.  They are said to have inspired C.S.Lewis's characters in his book, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. (Little fact for you there!)


From Harry Potter (!)


Another Harry Potter Location!
Please note that from all my lovely photographs I only really remember the significance of the Harry Potter ones! Sorry!


OOTD: dress H&M

Monday 23rd June
Homeward bound, Shopping and Curry
We drove home, and after a bite to eat at home. we went to our local town.  Husband entertained Baba in a little push along car he had hired from the shopping centre and I was given free reign in the shops!!!
We bought a very yummy fish curry from M&S complete with poppadoms, dips, naans and rice...oh and pina coladas!! We watched the Hunger Games.  I have not read the books, but I thought the film was good, a bit more gorey than I had imagined...I thought it was aimed at teenagers?!!

Tuesday 24th June
Picnic in the Park
My last day of birthday celebrations.  Me and Baba drove to my parents in Staffordshire. We met my sister there and we went for a lovely picnic at Trentham Gardens.  I love it there, there is so much to do, and Baba just loves running free. There's a lovely lakeside walk, play area and mini train too.  The weather was a little cloudy, but we were determined not to be defeated...the sun came out just as we were leaving :-) If you are interested, you can buy two for one tickets to Trentham here.

Me & My Sister

So that's it, my birthday is over for another year.  You know I really don't mind getting older. I no longer get asked for ID (only very very occasionally, and then I do a fist pump) and I think my days at being out until 3am are behind me (well only occasionally, but its just not that fun when you have to get up at 6am with a toddler).  I'm trying to embrace the little lines around my eyes as signs that I have smiled alot over the last thirty years (I do admit to applying an anti-ageing serum every night...I mean come on, I don't want to look too wrinkly).  But this really strange thing is happening.  I am starting to feel more comfortable and more confident in myself, and I don't know if this is linked to ageing or being a mum, or a bit of both.  So I'm going with it.  Bring on next year I say, and yup, I am seriously considering dragging it on and having an actual birthday month...why not? 

Thanks for reading.
See you Friday!
x

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday week! Loving the Harry Potter photos, I got so excited when I saw the tree! Where did you get you quilted top/dress(?) in the photo with your sister, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flick. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Glad you recognised the tree! The dress is actually from Primark and I only bought it last week so think you will still find it in store. Hope that helps!
      x

      Delete