Friday, 4 July 2014

Tribal Print

I wouldn't normally pick something off the rails which was so bright and jazzy...but when I was in Zara last week I felt compelled to try this on and see how it looked.  I was so pleased with how it actually looked on and I had that euphoria you feel when you have found a nice little bargain.  When I got home however, and I hung it in my wardrobe, it was so so bright next to my other clothes that I started to wonder if I had gone a tribal print too far and I debated returning it (and thinking where the hell did I put the receipt)!

But after slathering on some Dove Gradual Tan and make up, I actually felt so comfortable in this dress and I loved it!  I wore it to a yummy Tapas restaurant that me and four lovely friends went to last week.  The cut of this dress meant I could eat to my hearts content (which I did...churros and hot chocolate yes please!) and I still had plenty of room! The dress is quite short, but I think because it is such a nice cut around the neck and sleeves, you can get away with it, and you don't feel over exposed.  I paired it with my mandatory nude heels that I seem to wear whenever I go out, similar here. I reckon this dress would look just as good with flat sandals too. 



The dress was £25.99 in the sale at Zara and I have scoured the Zara website several times but I cannot find this dress! BUT....I did only buy it last week, so I reckon if you have a rummage in your local Zara pronto you might be able to find it!

On a side note...you will not believe how many shots I took to get a decent photograph!!! I am still not a natural (thats an understatement)...I have about 20 shots of me with my foot in the air...I am really not sure what pose I was trying to strike but its awful.  To give you a giggle, here's one that made the 'awful' pose pile...


Note to self...pose with both feet on the floor unless you want to look like you are trying to mount an invisible horse!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for reading!
x

6 comments:

  1. This dress is just so pretty!

    By the way, I definitely like the invisible horse shot :)

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love an invisible horse shot right?!! There is plenty more where that came from Beccy!!!!
      Thank you for reading :-)

      Delete
  2. that is wayyyy cute! Just found your blog from instagram :) glad I did! I'm excited to follow along via Bloglovin now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And sooo excited that you are following!
      Thank you!!!!!!!
      x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! You look great! I am obsessed with anything mod print! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Delete