Friday, 8 August 2014

An Awkward Pose and being down with the kids kinda Fashion Friday

As you all know, my recent Fashion Friday posts have been bordering on the not so Fashionable Friday and more of me struggling with the blog title and thinking what am I going to write.  Whilst thinking hard this week (and yes it did hurt), my lovely mum decided to have a clear out of her wardrobe and it was as if my prayers had been answered!  You have never seen me move so fast to have a little rummage and get my mitts on something. (I obviously had to beat my little sister to the pile, age before beauty after all!!).  

My mum is in her sixties, but is a pretty cool mum even if I do say so myself.  If you want to see her, check out my previous blog post here.  Anyway, whilst some of her clothing would actually age me a few years, (I mean, I'm still down with the kids being in my early thirties-well sort of), she has some really nice classic items that I want to steal/borrow/keep forever. Enter the striped midi-dress and more awkward poses that I know you all have been missing!!!



This dress caught my eye immediately.  I love a stripe and also love the midi-length.  It's a bit different from other styles in my wardrobe at the moment, and is quite versatile.  I think you could wear this with sandals, pumps and here I teamed it with some boots.  I have had a look online and this particular style of dress had sold out from Marks and Spencer which is where my mum purchased it, but there is very similar dress here, and similar styles here and here.

This dress was straight in my bag anyway, and I have already planned when and where I'm wearing it which is always good.  I'm not going to lie to you, I am a little self-conscious about it being tight around my stomach area, but I think that is the price you pay for having a stripe and midi-dress in one.  I will just not have to have a pudding when I wear it.  Ok, I will have half a pudding.  Oh sod it, I will have the pudding and wear this dress anyway. :-)

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for reading! 

x


2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this dress (awkward poses and all, which in my opinion, are not that awkward at all!) - you look great!

    ReplyDelete