Monday, 18 August 2014

My Blog and Me

My little corner of the internet is now 11 weeks old! And wow, what a steep learning curve for me in the world of blogging.  I have not only started my own blog which I have longed to do for such a long time, but I have learnt to tweet, use linkys and got to grips with a hashtag!  I have also learnt that my husband has very little patience in photographing me swirling about in any new purchases (cue me getting creative with a tripod and stack of books).  And for the record I have learnt I am bloody useless at any type of modelling. 

But please don't let me sound negative.  I have also learnt that I absolutely love blogging, and for me writing creatively again is amazing. So whilst somethings are alot harder than I had imagined, it has been so so worth it. 

I realise now when I started out that not only was I a bit clueless, but I was a bit wishy washy in what I was actually going to blog about.  I set myself the schedule of blogging three times a week and having themes of Mummy Mondays, Whatever Wednesdays and Fashion Fridays.  I think this was really useful in the beginning to give me some direction with my blogs.  However, now I feel I want my blog to be a bit more organic, and rather than have the strict blog topics, for me to blog as and when I want to about whatever and in turn to be more creative, which is what I originally set out to do (yep, I did just use the word organic).  

I know I still have so so much to learn, and with only 11 weeks under my little belt of blogging, who knows what changes I will make in the next 11.  But for now, these changes feel right and I am very excited to see how my blog evolves and grows. 

I had originally thought that if I got just one person reading my blog (besides my lovely mum) I would be happy.  But having people not only read, but comment lovely things has been so amazing and encouraging!  I can't promise that my photography or posing will improve but here's to trying. I am excited to see where this next little blogging chapter takes me. 

x


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 11 weeks at blogging. It sure is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for reading :-)
      x

      Delete