Thursday, 28 August 2014

Seventeen Crushed Foil Nail Effects

The Seventeen line in Boots has had a bit of a re-brand of late, and I have to admit, I quite like it.  It has certainly made me have a closer look at their products, which I seemed to bypass before.  I have come to the conclusion that I become like a magpie in Boots, and when I spied this polish, it went straight into my basket. 

Its the Seventeen crushed foils nail effect matte polish in Gold. 


I don't know what I was expecting, but I think I thought there was an under shade alongside the small specks of gold, as it does look quite milky in the bottle.  But apparently there isn't as once I had applied it and it had dried, the only thing visible on my nails was the gold. 




When applying the polish you have to make sure the specks are evenly spread onto the nail, and I think you definitely need two coats to get a good effect.  Once on, I liked the look overall, but I did begin to wonder if it looked a bit like I had golden nail polish that was chipping.  I think this polish would look alot better on top of another shade maybe. 

For only £3.99 its a good buy, and I will definitely be cracking this out at Christmas!  Uh oh....I think I just said the C word in August!!! Sorry, its this cold weather! Will try and refrain from further C talk...for now!

Have you tried anything from the re-branded Seventeen line? Any recommendations?

As always thanks for reading!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Polishes which look one way in the bottle and totally different on the nail are one of my beauty pet hates!! Like you, I would deffo try this for a little affordable fun at Christmas though! Maybe over a really dark colour like Lincoln Park After Dark by OPI? Love Tori x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes...love your recommendation! Thank you! And thank you so much for reading! x

      Delete