Monday, 8 September 2014

A Five Year Anniversary

It is mine and my husband's five year wedding anniversary today. Hip hooray to us! Its been five amazing years since we said our vows. Five very long years at times. Five very stressful years at times.  Five tough years at times. But five very happy and wonderful years.  


My husband is the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with, to grow old with, to experience the world and everything in it with. He is the person I love the most.  And what is his reward for being at the centre of my universe?  He experiences my grumpiness, my bad moods, my whining (I do love a good whine), my being selfish, my snapping, my bickering.  He is the one that gets to see my worse flaws and most worst moods, lucky him! Being married is a delicate dance of give and take, of giving and receiving. And I certainly don't always get it right. 

Relationships change when you have a baby, and that's what everyone says isn't it? And they really do.  You whole world shifts from just two planets circling one another to you both orbiting the gorgeous little planet that is your baby (maybe I shouldn't have used an astronomy metaphor when I don't know what I am talking about!).  At times its tough. It is oh so easy to forget that before that wonderful little person that is your baby came along, you had met another completely wonderful person too. 

I strive to be the best mum I can be, I worry if I am good enough, I worry if I am doing things right.  I strive to be the best I can be, and sometimes my husband is on the sideline of that.  I love my husband more now after all we have been through together. I need to appreciate him more and strive to be not only the best mum I can be, but also the best wife I can be.  And I don't mean that in a strange 1950s obey your husband type way.  I mean it in a we both should be striving to be the best partner to each other we can be. 



So as we celebrate our five year anniversary, I want to thank my husband for being the most amazing person, for being the most amazing dad to our little girl, and for seeing through my flaws. I want to thank him for being him.  Marriage is amazing, but it takes work, patience and a whole lot of love. 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Awwwe congrats to you and your husband, I just had my one year anniversary with my husband and wow... So much has happened. Definitely stressful but also wonderful to have someone that you can trust with anything :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment and for taking the time to stop by. I really appreciate it! x

      Delete