Wednesday, 3 September 2014

A Jacket Not A Coat

Ah so that time is upon us.  The time of the year where you don't want to get your big winter coat down from the inner depths of your wardrobe, but your summer cardigan just isn't cutting it with the good old English weather.  You my friend, need a jacket. 

I love jackets! My husband thinks they are a waste of time, but he is overlooking the subtle seasonal transitions.  A jump from a cardigan to a winter coat is just a leap too far for the majority of women. A jacket is perfect for those cooler days, or days when you are just 'popping' somewhere.  I am always popping somewhere, the shops, playgroup, Tesco, Tesco again, and a jacket is great for those days when you don't want the rigmarole or battle of getting in and out of the car with your three extra layers of winter coat. 

There are so many lovely jackets out there, and I wanted more of an investment piece, rather than a cheap buy it and throw it on jacket. From experience, I wear my jackets to death, and my last one from Warehouse is barely stitched together because I have worn it so much. 

I originally saw this jacket in cream, and fell in love with it.  I think it was a cool day and as if by magic, me and Baba had found ourselves transported to the coat section in Marks and Spencer. However, timing was not on our side and for a number of reasons the jacket didn't come home with us.  I am a big believer of things happening for a reason, and I apply this to most aspects of my life, including shopping (!), so when M&S had a 20% event last week, I immediately dragged my mum into town to show her the coat I had been raving about. 

But it's funny how when you sometimes take a second look your opinion can change.  Whilst I still loved the coat, it began to dawn on me just how clean could I actually keep a cream coat? I have a toddler, need I say more? Then I found the coat in this gorgeous smokey blue colour and it was perfect. This jacket is great for throwing on when its a bit chilly, and I haven't had it off my back since buying it. You can buy it online from Marks and Spencer here.

Now cue some garden poses with Pablo T Dog modelling his own choice of jacket for the season...alot of fur. 







So that's me already for the beautiful season that is Autumn, and my winter coat can have a few more months of respite. I'm definitely more of a Summer girl, but I can definitely embrace the Autumnal chill in a brand new jacket. 



post signature

6 comments:

  1. That's really lovely- and I especially like the colour, so I think you made a good decision in opting for the blue. (Pablo's coat is also very nice!)
    Jennifer x
    http://www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, and Pablo says thanks too :-) x

      Delete
  2. Cute jacket! The blue is the perfect color to transition to fall!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely jacket! I need to buy a new one!!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat an Autumn jacket! Thank you so much for stopping by! x

      Delete