Sunday, 14 September 2014

I'm not in

There is a confession I have to make.  And maybe what makes it easier to confess is that the majority of people who are my friends and family don't read this blog.  (Yes, I'm a secret blogger and you can read all about that here).

But my confession to you all today is this: I hate people calling at my house unexpectedly. You know when people just 'pop by' out of the blue because they were 'passing by'.  The thought of it makes me want to go running to the nearest spot where I can't be seen from the window. It's not that I don't like people coming round to our house. We have a lovely house, food is usually in the cupboards and I have tea and coffee making facilities.  We even have toilets.  It's just that I hate unexpected visitors. Eurgh.  


When I am at home, I am usually make up free, in my most casual clothes, ok, let me re-phrase that. I am usually in my pjs.  I may or may not have taken a shower depending on what I am up to.  I mean, I don't like to shower before I clean the house.  I see that as completely counter-productive. I scrub the house, then I take a shower.  So on some days, I may not be hitting that shower cubicle til well after lunch.  Baba is perfectly ok with this and the aroma, but I am not sure how comfortable people 'popping by' will be. 

Also, it kind of disrupts my routine.  When Baba takes a nap, I really do not want any visitors.  No, no, no.  This is my 'ME' time. This is the time I set about for myself to do my very important jobs, you know like admin for my blog, paint my toe nails, catch up on TOWIE, perfect my Beyonce dance moves (a girls got to practice these things).  

Have I ever pretended I am out? Maybe.  Maybe I have hid so fast behind the settee I pulled my neck.  However, now Baba is a bit older, it's kind of hard to hide with a toddler shouting 'why are you lying down mummy?".  I've tried. 

So by all means come and visit, but don't expect me to answer the door, make you tea and feed you biscuits or my last bit of chocolate cake if you aren't on the calendar and have a designated time and date appointment! I am now in the process of perfecting my army crawl as we speak!

Are you alot more wonderful than me and like people dropping by unexpectedly? Or do you prefer a little notice? Preferably a week or three? 
Comments below please!


post signature

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I have an aunt that insists on calling round at 3 pm. 3 pm is the most inconvenient of times with a small child! The noise wakes her from nap time and she wakes hungry... EARLY! Meaning I have to give her something to eat... thus creating a grumpy child that refuses to eat her dinner that then wakes in the night... yeah. Cheers.
    No good can come of unexpected visitors... but still I feel I can't them not to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for agreeing! There are definitely times that are better than others in the day-that's for sure! Thank you so much for reading and commenting! x

      Delete
  2. Haha, this made me giggle! Love the pic too :) the thought of someone DARING to pop in during nap time makes me feel ill, totally agree that's time for me! Otherwise I don't really mind, so long as they don't judge my sloppy clothes and messy house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nap time should be re-named 'sacred time'!!!!
      Thank you so much for reading and stopping by x

      Delete
  3. You sound like me! I'm both a secret blogger and slightly anti-social with the old 'unexpected visitor' routine too. I have a neighbour who thinks nothing of, not only popping by unexpectedly, but also bypassing the front door and coming straight round to the back. (I have started locking the gates)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Luckily people can't get round to the back of our house...otherwise I would so be hiding under the sink!
      Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to comment x

      Delete