Monday, 22 September 2014

Project Yes: Coffee & Polenta Cake

Remember my project "yes" pledge last week? If you missed out on that post (shame on you!) you can catch up here.  Basically I want to say 'yes' to more things and have more fun with Baba.  Not that we don't have fun now, I just want to curb saying 'no' as much as I do and get out there and be spontaneous. 

So, on my 'yes' mission, it dawned on me that me and Baba have never had a girly coffee together! Ever! When Baba was a tiny baby I always used to meet up with friends for coffee and cake, but since Baba has been a toddler I have never just taken her.  We tend to just quickly nip to the shops or places and we never take the time to sit and relax!

During this epiphany, the sun was shining and birds singing, and they were all the signs I needed.  There is a coffee shop in our local village that I have never been too, so Baba grabbed her Peppa Pig backpack, I grabbed my purse, and with the promise of cake, Baba hopped into her trike and we walked the 10 minutes into the village. 

We found a nice little spot in the coffee shop's outside garden. Baba was an angel (again, she knew cake was on the cards), and we both patiently waited for our order to arrive. 

One glass of milk, one vanilla latte and a lemon polenta cake later, and we were both munching and drinking to our little hearts content. It was so  so lovely! Something so simple that made us both very happy! In true non-blogger style I didn't take a single cake snap...we would both rather have just dug in than me mess about trying to take a good picture. Afterwards, Baba ran around the garden area, watching bees and butterflies as they pollinated the flowers and drank nectar. 

On the way home Baba turned to me and said, "I love coffee with mummy", "yes, I do too", I replied, "its the best".   









10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful outing. I love the idea of project yes, I often find myself saying no to things and when I think about it, there really isn't a very good reason why! So lovely to have found your blog via MM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! What a lovely comment :-) x

      Delete
  2. Oh that is just gorgeous! I have been very much the same and avoiding going to coffee shops because I worry about my son getting restless but I'm think I might try again after reading this. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes definitely...do it! As long as there is cake involved my daughter LOVES it! x

      Delete
  3. Awe that sounds like such a lovely day - love the pics too, very idyllic! I believe it's things like this we will look back on and treasure - especially when our babas are teens and barely talking to us ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Thank you so much for reading and for commenting! x

      Delete
  4. What a lovely day out! Havent dont this too and sadly our coffee shops here doesnt have gardens like this. Looks so much fun and I think you need to do this more =) #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for taking the time to stop by x

      Delete
  5. Awww, sounds like you have started a new regular habit. Lovely x
    #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by (Though now need to save the pennies to fund my new habit!) x

      Delete