Wednesday, 15 October 2014

A Nude Lip and a moustache

Ahh the nude lip.  I have been in love with the nude lip since I first began liberally applying concealer to my lips in my teenage years (I did a blog post on this, but the photo is way too embarrassing so if you want to see it you will have to find it yourself in my archive...I'm not linking it!!).  Whilst I no longer apply concealer to my lips (honest), I always tend to go for quite a neutral lip. Whilst browsing in Boots, which I must try and stop doing, I found this lovely little lipstick on Seventeen's stand. 

Seventeen have had a bit of a revamp in recent months, and it certainly seems to be working as I appear to be drawn to their stand and low prices.  This lipstick is called Camisole and is in the mirror shine product line.  


The lipstick itself is quite glossy but not at all sticky, and the colour is very light.  It gives you lips a hint of colour without looking like you have low iron.  It has pretty good staying power, but it won't stay put all day.  To be honest though, it's so light and quick I really don't mind re-applying, and I don't particularly like anything too heavy on my lips. 



Also in the lipstick is a little pop out mirror.  When I first bought this, I thought, right, I'm never going to use that mirror. But, lo and behold I have now found I need a mirror for my lipstick and I am forever taking a peek to check my lipstick, and more often than that, checking to see what my daughter has wiped on my face(recent items include a sticker she secretly stuck there and a bit of porridge). 


The lipstick is only £4.79 and currently on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots and I would definitely recommend you taking a peek! There are 18 shades to choose from if you fancy something with a bit more colour. 

As a side note, I didn't realise photographing a lipstick would be so hard. I also didn't realise I would have what looks to be a moustache when my photos are so large.  I know now that I've typed that you will go and have a look.  I can assure you in real-life my face isn't that hairy.  Well, I don't think it is.   Unless no-one dares tell me.  Ah well.  Shaving my legs is enough of  a chore, I am not going to start shaving my beard too. 

Thanks for reading!



post signature

10 comments:

  1. That's a nice nude lipstick. Cheap as well! It would never have crossed my mind to put concealer on my lips :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can only be a good thing that you never thought of concealer on your lips! x

      Delete
  2. LOL you are so funny! I have a friend who really did look like she had a mustache... I know that is SO mean but don't worry, you look fine. The lipstick also looks great on you! I have darker lips so I can't wear pretty nudes like this without looking too weird. At least I think weird lol

    Oh, did you know your URL on Disqus is incorrect? Every time I click on the link in your disqus profile it takes me to a "Blog not found" page. Just thought you would like to know so you can update the URL :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mustache as well and I use Jolen to bleach them as they look bad when they are dark. Thats a lovely color. I am drawn to nude colored lips as well. I am using balms that have a hint of color =) #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have a hairy top lip but some more obvious than others! We are all human after all :) I love that lipstick and what a very clever idea to put a mirror in. Brilliant! Welcome to PoCoLo, thank you for linking :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for a great linky x

      Delete
  5. What a great shade. I have been thinking recently about 'doing' lipstick more often and this might suit mè as anything too strong makes me look like a clown or a hooker! :) x #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give this s ago! Thank you so much for stopping by x

      Delete