Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Pearl Drops Ultimate Whitening

It's no secret that I hate my teeth.  Hate might seem like a strong word, but I can't stand how crooked they are.  And you know when you are self conscious about something? My teeth seem to be the first thing that I look at in photographs and dislike. But you have got to work with what you are given. Back in the day when maybe a brace needed to be fitted, my dentist didn't seem to think I needed one (!), and now it seems like alot of effort and money to do anything about my crooked gnashers.  But I digress. My point is, that in working with what you have got, I have always taken extra care with my teeth and have been an avid brusher since I can remember, trying to make up for their crookedness with whiteness! I have tried alot of home whitening kits in my younger days, but nowadays, I am a bit more cautious as to what chemicals I am putting on my teeth. 

I usually brush with your bog standard toothpaste, (Aquafresh if you are interested), and then I do a quick brush with Pearl Drops Original Tooth Polish, and this for me does the job.  For some bizarre reason, my usual basic Pearl Drops toothpaste was completely out of stock everywhere I tried last month, and I saw Pearl Drops Ultimate Whitening paste was on offer in Tesco. I thought I would give it a whirl and see if it would make any difference. 


It claims to give you up to 4 shades whiter teeth in 3 weeks which is quite a claim.  I used this as I would the normal Pearl Drops paste, and brushed with it after my normal Aquafresh brushing.  I didn't have high expectations if I am honest as I am already a fan of their original paste, so I was curious if there would be any difference. Here is a picture of me before using the toothpaste and then after. What do you think? 


I think it definitely works in the same way as the original paste, I just wasn't completely convinced it did anything extra.  What I will say is that I saw my niece last week, and she had no idea that I had trialed this new paste, and she actually asked if I had got my teeth whitened.  Which is a huge compliment! 

Pearl drops is a brand in whitening toothpaste that I love and I have used for many years.  If you are new to the brand I would definitely recommend their polishes, but for me, I think I will stick to their cheaper, original whitening paste. 

Have you tried this brand? 
What are your thoughts on at home whitening pastes?  



post signature

5 comments:

  1. I would love my teeth whitened (still jealous that my babu sis was allowed hers whitened at the dentist for her 16th birthday lol). I can see a real difference in your pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! And thanks for reading and commenting! x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I'm sorry to hear that your crooked teeth once affected your self-confidence. However, I'm glad that you got over that, and decided to accept them for what they are. Anyway, I think it's great that you're making up for its crookedness by taking extra care of them. Your smile looks lovely, Laura. I'm glad the product you're using is working well for your teeth. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you! :)

    Rudy Spencer @ LBDP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that is very kind of you!

      Delete