Monday, 3 November 2014

Bumps be Gone!

The world of baby skin care products is huge.  I mean, completely overwhelming.  You just have a wander down your local Boots baby aisle and you will find lotions and potions and creams and soufflés all promising to moisturise and care for your little ones skin.  I think such a wide range of products really reflects the wide range of skin types that babies and toddlers have.  Products that work for one don't necessarily work for another, you really have to try products until you find the right one.  

This is exactly what I have been doing.  My daughter doesn't have eczema, but she does have those little rough bumps at the top of her arms which are indicative of dry skin.  I have tried E45, aqueous cream, hyrdomol, shop brand baby lotions, olive oil.  Whilst alot of the products do seem to moisturise her skin, the pesky little bumps remain and I don't think we have got the cream quite right. 

Until last week that is.  After another fun afternoon of me rummaging in Boots and my daughter running up the aisles like a crazy lady with her little kiddie trolley (so fun for her-yet also very dangerous...she nearly took a pensioner out), I came across Lansinoh's earth friendly baby moisturising shea massage oil.  I had used Lansinoh products for my myself before whilst I was breastfeeding, so I trusted the brand and thought we would give this a go. 


You can click and check out the ingredient list here, but basically its very natural, suited to sensitive skin and contains no parabens or artificial colours or fragrances.  Its also not tested on animals and is eco-friendly, so that all sounds good to me. 

I had used oils before when Baba was a very little baby and I did have a vision of a relaxed and calm Baba smiling as I gave her a relaxing pre-bed massage. However, what actually tends to happen is Baba jumps up and down on the bed singing about monkeys and I try and quickly rub the oil into her skin in quick movements whilst she is mid-jump! But, this oil is lovely, it absorbs into her skin really quickly and it has a nice scent to it.  And you only need a few drops for a toddler sized person! 

Within two days the bumps to her arms had completely disappeared. Yes, it was that quick and that dramatic!! I wish I had found and tried this line of products sooner, and I am keen to try out their other products in the earth friendly baby range.  I picked the oil up from Boots, but I can't seem to find it on their website. However, I have Googled the product and there are alot of stockists online if you fancy trying it, and its around the £4 mark. As I said, I think children's skin is just so individual, and you really have to try and find the right product for you.  What I will say is that if you are looking for a new brand to try, I would definitely recommend this brand and product to you! Dry skin and bumps be gone! 






post signature
The Multitasking Mummy

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great product - so glad you found something that works and so quickly. Thanks for linking up with Mummy Mondays - #TeamMM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for such a fab linky! x

      Delete
  2. Oops not sure where my comment went, anyway, was sitting in Tesco baby room feeding E as I was reading this and after we had finished I immediately ran off to the baby aisle to find this product but sadly they didn't stock it. Will look for it next time in Boots. Thanks so much for the tip ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! I hope you manage to find the product in Boots or there are quite a few online stockists too. Thank you so much for reading and stopping by to comment x

      Delete