Wednesday, 26 November 2014

NOTD - Barry M Nightshade

I love a really dark nail and this colour is amazing.  I had tried a Barry M nail paint before and I wasn't that impressed with it, I think it was quite a pale colour and I felt the application was streaky.  But this polish has redeemed my faith in Mr.Barry M and I am in love with this colour.   


Its the nail paint in shade 359, Nightshade.  In the bottle it looks a very dark purple/maroon colour and once applied its an even deeper colour, almost black, but not as harsh, as it has got the warmth of the purple/maroon in it.  I got amazing colour and shine from two coats. It dried really quickly and lasted a few days without chipping - I am way too lazy for a top coat so it would probably last longer if you used one. 


For only £2.99 this is my favourite purchase this week and I think this colour is gorgeous for Christmas.  

Are there any nail colours you would recommend at the moment? Comments below please! 

Thanks for reading, 



post signature
Super Busy Mum

10 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I love dark coloured nail varnish in the winter and the BarryM Nightshade colour looks like a nice deep colour.

    My favourite colours at the moment are deep reds or Cadbury's purple with a gold shimmer top coat applied over the top....They make me feel proper festive.

    Popped over from the #MadMidWeekBlogHop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh those colours sound lovely and also make me slightly hungry!
      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'm a big fan of the dark nails, that looks lovely. £2.99 is a bargain too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really wear dark colors like this but it's actually a pretty nice shade! I've never tried Barry M but only read good things about the brand!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes I would definitely recommend it x

      Delete
  4. I found a gem in the Avon page ... £3 for a Stardust Nail varnish. Ive bought 4 colours and they are gorgeous! Enamel goes on smooth and the colour is amazing. Plus its glitter filled so they fit the festive season parties.

    Highly recommend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh will have to take a look! Thank you! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura, thanks for visiting my blog. I love that colour - the last dark one I bought was a deep navy, which in hindsight is a little cold. Think the maroon hints are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the maroon definitely warms the shade.
      Thank you for popping by x

      Delete