Saturday, 6 December 2014

Blogmas - 06.12.14

What would December be without a works Christmas party? Erm, well, it wouldn't be December!! And tonight I have my works Christmas party. Here's me getting ready and a few cheeky snaps of a very festive night out! 

I should say as a disclaimer straight away, that given the chance I could take all day to get ready for a night out. I am one of those annoying people who can take ages getting ready whilst seeming to not make much progress at all.  Alas, since Baba, those days are behind me, and with Baba at my side emptying my make up bag and running off with eye shadows, this is my current getting ready routine. Before I even started my make up I had spent time faffing about trimming my eyebrows... (not completely sure what I was thinking) and I also French manicured my toe-nails. I guess my faffing around days aren't quite behind me yet. Anyway, lets go get ready! 

Nail polish first....its a Rimmel Salon Pro varnish in 104 Saturn from the Kate Moss range.  Perfect for a Christmas night out.  It applied really well and dried quickly too. 


Now onto the make-up and starting with primers. I first applied these Benefit beauties to prep my skin: That Gal face primer, Stay Don't Stray eye shadow primer, and the Porefessional. 



Then I applied Estee Lauder's EE foundation in medium and Rimmel's Wake me up concealer to any excess baggage under my eye area. I challenge anyone to not put on their foundation without pulling a silly face.  Cue a picture of me applying foundation and pulling a silly face.


For eyebrows, I used Benefits Quick look busy eyeshadow to fill in any areas that needed it. 


And a dab of Benefit's High beam to my cheekbones.


For the eyes I applied Mac's Brule all over the lid and Urban Decays Smog to the eyelid, Dark Horse to the socket and under eye, then I blended like a mad woman (this isn't a product, its me blending) and applied a dab of Half Baked to the inner corner and  middle of the eye. I used Eyeko's skinny liquid liner in Black to line my upper lid. 


You have to go all out at Christmas, so I decided to try some false lashes by a brand called Kiss.  The set I applied were called Sultry.   I've not tried the brand before but I picked them up in Boots for around £6. These are the lightest lashes I have tried and the glue is fantastic. I think they looked so so natural that whilst I knew they were on, they didn't stand out as fake lashes and they were very comfortable. 


I powdered with Rimmel's 005 Silky Beige powder and then applied a nude shade of lipstick from Rimmel in 725, Tantalizing Taupe. I waved my hair with my very trusted Bablyliss waving wand and I wore my Kate Moss playsuit which I got in the sale earlier in the year.  Paired with nude heels I was good to go!!!


And if you have managed to bare with me and read to this point I need to say a big shout-out to the lovely girls I used to work with. Whilst I am currently on a career break from the NHS, these girls work so so hard trying to improve the lives of children and families. It is an often thankless task.  They are some of the most amazing, caring and hardest working people I know and the NHS is honoured to have you working for them! 

I am also so lucky in the fact that some of my work colleagues have now become my best friends. They are crazy, funny, a tiny bit mad (some more than others!) and I feel very blessed to have them in my life.  


I am afraid I cannot reveal too much about the night itself.  What happens at the work party stays at the work party. But lets just say there was lots of laughter, maybe a few drinks (!), way too many selfies and MC Hammer moves.   And as soon as you are jumping around to Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas' on the dance floor, you really know its Christmas time.  

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow at 6am for, well, erm, on a completely different note, some fighting!!!



post signature Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com Fashion Friday on MummysGotStyle.com

18 comments:

  1. OMG your eye makeup and your hair look GORGEOUS!!!!!! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're very very kind!!! Thank you! x

      Delete
  2. Hi Laura, getting ready to go out is part of the fun....Well before children that is!....I love the false lashes they look so natural, I have toyed with the idea of using them for special occasions, but don't want to look OTT. Maybe I will look again and seee what is available here.

    Hope you had a bloody good night out and I agree what happens on a girls night out, should stay on the girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes definitely give the false lashes a go and try that brand if you can find them too.
      Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. You look amazing, I love the eye colour (I have similar too and will be wearing to a party on Saturday night)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind! Thank you and have fun! x

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, I think we're quite similar. I tend to give myself a full pedicure when I should be in the shower, and end up rushing like mad to get to where I'm going on time. Beautiful eye make-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Yep, always time for a pedicure :-0 x

      Delete
  5. Loved this. I don't wear much makeup myself but I'm really interested in it (I love Benefit too) and I love seeing what people use. I was thinking of doing something similar in the New Year so this has given me the confidence to do the post! x

    #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do it!!! And there are so many fab tutorials and hints and tips on the web to help you out if you need it. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment x

      Delete
  6. Lovely eye make up hun, you look beautiful #BrillBlogPosts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just the same - serial faffer no.1! I keep getting distracted and doing different things till I realsie I have no time left and then it's a mad dash to be ready on time. I am usually late :( Love the eyeshadow and the colours - gorgeous! #fashionfriday

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black playsuit and nude heels are a total winner. I know what you mean about happily taking all day to get ready without seeming to make any progress. And oh how I know how much that has to change once the kids arrive. I totally rate the Salon Pro nail varnishes from Rimmel (I have a few), as well as the Benefit Porefessional. Your falsies didn't look false at all - amazing!! (I'm still a false-eyelash virgin at the age of 33). It sounds like you had an awesome night, and here here to everyone working in the NHS. I'm also an ex-NHS employee, resigning from my cardiac nursing career to look after my kids. I may return. Happy Christmas! #fashionfriday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and commenting. And big up the NHS!!! :-) x

      Delete
  9. You gorgeous girl, you look stunning! Will be seeking out those products! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

    ReplyDelete