Monday, 8 December 2014

Blogmas - 08.12.14

Hello and welcome to Blogmas day eight and its now officially my six month blogging anniversary!!!! Hurray! I can remember hitting that publish button for the very first time and running around the house like a mad woman when I got my first view. (I later realised that was from my own computer, so the real reader came the next day, but I still ran round the house squealing again!!). I had wanted to blog for such a long time but had just felt too scared to actually do anything about it.


I don't think I ever realised the vast amount of hard work and commitment that having a blog entails.  I also didn't realise what a huge learning curve blogging would be.  And not just from the writing and technical side.  But also learning about me. 

I never realised how much I doubt, criticise and second guess myself until I started writing my blog. I worried what people would think. Would people judge me?  What if my blog was just no good?  What if my blog wasn't as cool/ amazing/ fashionable/ insert any other words here, as everyone else's?  In the early days, I really had to keep reminding myself why I was blogging in the first place.  That I am doing this for me, because I enjoy it.  And in years to come my daughter will hopefully read this and have an insight into how amazing our lives are with her in it...and what an awful model her mummy was in any of her fashion blog posts (!). 

I think not only in blogging, but with life in general, it is all too easy to get swept up in what everyone is doing, comparing and judging yourself.  And I guess you have to try and remember that we are all so unique.  And hopefully that's what makes my blog unique. There isn't another me anywhere.  This is my life. The highs and lows.  All the good bits and all the flaws. A really hard thing to do is accept who you are, be OK with that, and also give yourself a break sometimes.  Who'd have thought all of this self examination would arise from blogging?!!

But, with the tough bits comes the amazing buzz and reward you get when you challenge yourself.  That satisfaction when you do something that scares you.  I cannot tell you the buzz I get when people actual read and comment on something I have written. When someone I know says they have read my blog, I just can't believe it. I had also forgotten how much I truly love writing. 

So I felt I couldn't let my six month blogging birthday go by without saying a huge thank you to everyone who has supported my blog, who reads, who comments.  Thank you.  Thank you to you, as you read this now. Whether this is your first time here or you've stopped by before. Thank you.  I am excited as to where this blogging adventure will take me.

See you tomorrow for Blogmas day 9!

Thank you. 


“What if I fall? 
Oh, but my darling,
what if you fly?”, 
Eric Hanson. 



post signature

6 comments:

  1. Happy Six Month Blog Birthday! And here's to many more :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Six Month my beauty! It is hard not to compare yourself to lots of people. I do it all the time but I suppose it helps us grow and strive to be better. The blogging world is a funny old game isn't it?! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging for yourself and because you enjoy it is the best reason to blog, I think. And how amazing will it be for your daughter to read your blog! Hope you haven't written about anything naughty or with bad words... haha just kidding. ;)

    Happy 6 months to you!! I've been enjoying reading your blog and can't wait to read more!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment Jessica! x

      Delete