Thursday, 25 December 2014

Blogmas - Christmas Day 2014

Happy Christmas! A very very good morning to you all and a Merry Christmas! I hope you are enjoying your day.  As I sit here and type it is 11pm on Christmas Eve (with blogmas running a day late).  There is still a million and one jobs I need to do...you know when you just don't feel ready? I have a feeling I could stay up all night and still not be ready.  But before I run around like a mad woman and attempt to clean the windows (only joking...or am I?!?), all of that can wait whilst I type my last blog of Blogmas 2014! 

Today started with an early morning walk with Pablo T Dog just as the sun was rising.  It was so so quiet and peaceful and the sky looked so pretty.  Do you ever have those weird moments where you just think 'wow' and just feel so so small in the world?? That's how I felt today. Granted I might have been a little overtired, but it was a lovely walk and I felt all the better for it. 


I also ALWAYS walk past this lady who sells the Big Issue and I have never, ever bought a copy. There is this saying, 'do good, feel good'. So after getting home we drove past the lady and me and Baba hopped out to buy a copy from her and wish her a merry Christmas. Baba did proceed to eat the front cover of the magazine in the car (the girl can eat a front cover but looks in disgust if I try and serve her lasagne). Anyway, it felt nice to do that today. 

Mr.Bee then dropped me into town and I may or may not have headed straight for the Topshop sale.  Ok, so I did.  Don't judge me. Instead of making gingerbread houses with my daughter and husband I was in the changing rooms debating whether I really needed another blouse (apparently I did!).  I did manage to pick up a few things in the sale and it was quite nice just to have a little wander with nothing really to get. 

I then went home and made gingerbread houses.  No, no I didn't.  I am in no way that artistic or crafty.  What we did do is run around screaming its Christmas Eve and then I obviously re-created the Frozen dance and danced to Beyonce!!  

It's turned into a little Christmas tradition now that we have all the family round on Christmas Eve.  We do some nibbles, drink lots, eat lots and drink a little more.  Baba ran around like a mad woman and generally caused a bit of chaos.  She is so so excited for the big day tomorrow, and is convinced it will snow!!! Just before she went to bed we placed a carrot out and magic food for the reindeer and a mince pie and glass of milk for Santa with his magic key.  And yes, I know it makes no sense at all that we leave a magic key in the house for Santa, but just go with me here!!!


Our Christmas day tomorrow will be a quiet day, just the three of us and 
then we will go to Mr.Bee's family for Christmas tea.  It's then Christmas Day take II on Boxing Day as we head to my parents house to celebrate Christmas with them, and I can't wait! 

And that's me.  I can't believe I have made it through Blogmas and I'm still in one piece!!! I cannot thank you enough for all of the lovely support I have received and thank you to each and every one of you for reading.  It's felt like a bit of steep learning curve and journey blogging every day, but it has been lovely to share my month of December with you all. 

I hope you are enjoying today.  And remember, its not meant to all go to plan.  Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a few hiccups.(Remember me and Paris?!!! You can read that here).  Anyway, just go with the flow. The world won't end tonight.  Believe it or not, there is life after Christmas! Now go and enjoy yourself, of course have another mince pie, and a tad more chocolate too! 

I intend to resume my normal blogging schedule next week, but until then, I wish you all a very happy Christmas and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading, 



post signature


P.S  In the meantime, have you caught up with Blogmas? The one with the toilet rolls or the fight club one? All the links are to your right. 

P.S.S Are you following me? Not literally, but feel free to stalk me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin.  Links to your right :-) Now go and have that mince pie!  

2 comments: