Friday, 9 January 2015

An epiphany & a sales haul

I love a little mooch around the sales.  Whilst normally I never seem to find that much and end up buying stuff that full price, this year I found a few little beauties that I thought I would share with you. And who hasn't missed my dodgy posing whilst trying to show you some clothes? Oh, that'll be no-one then.  Well, in actual fact I have had an epiphany. I have given up trying to look at all cool in my outfit photos.  I cannot compete with the other gorgeous bloggers who bounce their way along the street with the sunlight shining in their hair and their new skirt flowing.  So I'm not even going to try. 

I tend to take my photos with my camera precariously balanced on some books and whilst simultaneously trying to nudge my daughter and dog out of the way.  And another valuable lesson I have learnt. Take a picture on the day when you are ACTUALLY wearing the outfit, instead of rushing around like an idiot getting changed from your very comfy pjs one afternoon because you just realised you needed to take an outfit picture!! Who said blogging was easy eh?! But, on to my sales picks which is what you here for, and pictures of the items...with a few funny ones thrown in. :-)

Starting with Topshop. I picked up this black blouse with a gorgeous jewelled collar. I am a bit like a magpie with anything shiny at the moment. Its short sleeved and is a little cropped so I do tend to wear a black cami underneath. The shirt is still available on Topshop's website here.




Didn't quite manage to get Baba out of shot. 


"I am just so happy".


Who knows what I am doing here. Appears to be head, shoulders, knees and toes, but your guess is as good as mine.  

I also picked up this jacket that I've had my eye on for ages.  My husband thinks these jackets make me look like an extra from Flash Gordon, but I just love them.  I also adore stripes, so this one was definitely coming home with me.  I think I will wear this ALOT when the weather gets that bit warmer. 



I couldn't find the exact one on Topshop's website, but they have this and this and if you went in-store I bet you would find it. 

We also picked up some lovely plates from Marks and Spencers in the sales. We chose this 12 piece dinner set which are white and then black to the underneath.  We bought a few extra bowls in the same design too. I think there was a chip in nearly all of the plates we owned which was a bit embarrassing when we had friends over for dinner the other week. Hopefully these can last a week without me chipping any. Its doubtful. 



You can find the set here and they have some individual plates here. And on the topic of my finely tuned skill of chipping most plates, this extends to glasses too, so we picked up some very thick ones from T K Maxx. 



They were £4.99 for three and then we bought an extra one individually for £2.99.  I found it a bit bizarre that they would sell them in packs of three, but anyway. They look like you need to take a sledge hammer to break them, so again, lets hope they make it past January in my very safe, or not so safe hands. 

Did you make it to the sales? Any amazing finds you would like to share? 
Thanks for reading and wishing you all a lovely weekend, 



post signature Fashion Friday on MummysGotStyle.com

10 comments:

  1. Lovely sales haul! And we so need some new plates. Exactly the same here too. They are all chipped. It's so embarrassing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I am happy to report a week later and still no chips! Hurrah! x

      Delete
  2. Well I just love that jacket, and I don't think it makes you look like an extra in Flash Gordan at all. Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!

    Beccy || Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Yeah Flash Gordan isn't quite the look I'm going for but glad you like the jacket!! Just need for it to get a bit warmer now! x

      Delete
  3. Love the jacket! the black blouse with the jeweled collar is beautiful and looks really nice on you!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gorgeous as always, adore that black blouse, I'm Topshop-obsessed here! Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pics, dear! I love it:)

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete