Sunday, 15 March 2015

Happy Mothers Day Mum

Happy Mother's Day! I just wanted to write a quick post today and also do a little pre-school update too.  Firstly, let's talk mums.  We all think our mum's are the best don't we? Each of our mums have raised us, wiped our tears, held our hands and been there from the very beginning when we were all just a tiny mass of chromosomes.  No-one knows you like your mum.  I feel very blessed to have my mum and I feel even more blessed that my daughter get's to have and enjoy a wonderful relationship with her grandma.  

Whilst there are times my mum drives me mad (sorry mum) and I know there are times when I drive my mum mad (sorry mum), I love her dearly and couldn't be without her.  From advice in every single area of my life, I know my mum will support me, and, even if she has a different view she respects my choices.  I know my mum will always fight my corner.  She always has the time to talk to me.

And this week was no exception. I had previously written about how my daughter has just started preschool and was settling in really well (you can read about her first day here). Hmmm. Well, that calmness has now been replaced with her getting upset at the doors and crying when I leave.  The pre-school are amazing and she gets 1:1 time whilst they are settling her in, but, to see your little one cry and say 'don't leave mummy' breaks my heart.  I then question everything.  Should I be putting her into pre-school?  Am I doing the right thing? What have I done wrong? 

On Wednesday as I dropped her off she began to get upset. Whilst I got a text from the pre-school saying that she had settled well and was playing after 10 minutes of me leaving, I still needed to hear my mum's wise words. I telephoned my mum and she reassured me the choices I had made were OK. She told me how good pre-school was for my daughter. She basically just told me it was all going to be OK and that actually my daughter had only been 5 times, so I should give her a chance to get used to being away from me.  My mum is like this little voice of honesty and reason.  I felt so much better after I came off the telephone. I think to anyone else, this conversation may seem trivial.  To me, it made me feel so much better.  To me, it is an example from an infinitive list of why I am so glad to have my mum. 

I wish everyone a happy Mother's Day whether you are a mum, whether you are celebrating with your mum or maybe thinking about your mum. All mum's are amazing, and my mum is the most wonderful woman I know.





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo of you and your Mum. Happy Mothers Day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Hope you had a lovely Mothers Day too x

      Delete