Monday, 16 March 2015

Highlighters

It's only relatively recently that I started to use highlighters in my everyday make-up routine and now I can't get enough of them and my face doesn't feel quite complete without a touch of highlighter.  I thought I would share with you my two favourite highlighters at the moment and also show where, when and how to apply them. 

The first product is Benefit's High Beam.  This little beauty has been around for a long time and is such a well known and loved highlighter. It comes in a bottle and is quite pinky in colour which generally tends to suit light to medium skin tones.  Its super easy to apply. 

Dot the highlighter over the top of your foundation on the areas where you want your skin to look that bit more radiant and well, highlighted. I tend to dab it onto my cheekbones in a line extending up to just below my eyebrow.  You can also dab onto onto your forehead, down the centre of your nose and above your cupid's bow for added highlight. It really depends on how illuminated you want your skin to be!



Then you just gently blend it in with your fingers.  I then apply a normal blush over the top.  High beam can also be blended in with your foundation to give your skin an overall more 'glowy' look, though I would certainly say less is more here and a little goes a long way. 

Another favourite of mine is the Benefit Watt's Up highlighter.  This has more of a champagne tone rather than the pinky tone of the High Beam and it comes in a stick form instead of a liquid.  In the same way as you apply the High Beam, you just dot this along the cheek bones and blend with your fingers. Again, I apply my normal blush over the top. 



You can control exactly how much of the highlighter you apply and if you want a quite subtle look then you need only apply a tiny amount.  I actually put High Beam to one cheek and Watt's Up to my other cheek and there wasn't a great deal of difference between the two, but swatching them on my hand they are quite noticeably different (High Beam to top and Watt's Up beneath). 



Personally, now I have used highlighters they are a staple in my make-up bag and I find my skin has that 'glowy' look which is quite hard to achieve naturally if I have been up with my daughter in the night!   

Do you use a high-lighter? Which are your favourites? 

Thanks for reading and have a lovely Friday and weekend! 



post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!