Sunday, 1 March 2015

Style Sunday : The stripey one

I have a slight obsession with stripes.  In any given shop, I seem to be magnetically drawn to anything with a stripe to it.  I have swooned over the gorgeous Topshop striped dress that Beyonce famously wore, and I have drooled over other bloggers high-end finds in shades of nautical navy and white.  But, I have been unable to find a dress that suited me. Too short. Too long. Too shiny. Too expensive. I have striped dress needs and they were going unfulfilled.  Until, that is, I found this little beauty on ASOS and it's striped perfection!




The dress is by a label called Fashion Union from the ASOS site.  What I adore about this dress is the cropped section to the top of the dress. It hangs just right and it covers a multitude of sins (such as when you have devoured the biggest chocolate cheesecake known to man!). The material also runs all the way underneath the crop section so there is no midriff showing. I think the crop section also adds a little bit more to the dress. The fabric is quite textured so it doesn't look or feel cheap. The length is perfect too.

You can find this stripey little fellow at ASOS and for only £28 its my favourite fashion buy of the year so far.  I know we are only in March but still. 

What are your thoughts on stripes? Love them or think they should be reserved for the football teams? Comments below please! 




life as our little family

6 comments:

  1. I am a HUGE fan of stripes. Tops & dresses. Perfect and definitely hide those body imperfections! Great post and thank you for joining in #StreetStyleSunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for a great linky x

      Delete
  2. Love this dress! Huge stripe fan here too - off to look on the asos site now ...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this dress! what size are you wearing as I want to buy one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wearing a size 10 and I would say it was true to size.

      Delete