Monday, 6 April 2015

The Millers Barn Nottingham : A review

The last time I went into a Beefeater restaurant was well over 10 years ago, and I have a vague recollection that I went as part of a hen party. My memory is a little hazy. When Beefeater offered me and my family the chance to try their new menu, I thought I would go with an open mind and empty stomach, and hope for the best.  My preconceptions were that there would definitely be some questionable interior furnishings, a dodgy armchair of sorts and mediocre pub food. But, I left with a very different opinion indeed.  

The Millers Barn in Nottingham is ideally located just outside of Nottingham and directly opposite the local tram station.  Outside there is a play-area and seating area for the warmer months which unfortunately we didn't use as it was too cold.  First impressions of the inside were not at all how I had imagined. The restaurant was very open plan, airy, modern and decked out with funky furnishings.  There wasn't a dodgy looking armchair in sight. 

The menu had a great choice of food which was reasonably priced. We started with a tear and share chimichurri flatbread which was absolutely huge and more than enough for me, my husband and daughter to share, and it was delicious. For mains, I opted for the pulled pork burger which came with skinny fries, chunky coleslaw and pickled cucumbers. My husband chose a double chicken piri piri which was served with skinny fries, chunky coleslaw and a chilli and lime corn on the cob. The service was good and the food was delicious.  It was fresh and tasty with good sized portions. 


The children's menu had a good selection of foods too, with healthy options available. My daughter chose spaghetti bolognese which came with a mini garlic bread. Her meal was delicious too, and tasted fresh and just cooked, I really can't stand children's food that has just been blasted in the microwave. Obviously it would have been rude to leave without a pudding, so we shared (!) a chocolate brownie and my daughter sampled jelly and ice cream. For our drinks (and one had free refills), starter, two mains, and children's menu choices with a pudding the bill came to just under £40.  

From not venturing into a Beefeater in over 10 years, I left the restaurant feeling that I would definitely eat at the chain again. It may not be gourmet dining, but the restaurant was family friendly, clean, modern and the food was freshly cooked and delicious.  Its definitely worth taking a second look at Beefeater and I highly recommend the Millers Barn in Nottingham!  

Thanks for reading and hope you are all enjoying a lovely Easter! 
Have you been to a Beefeater recently? Would you ever try this chain of restaurants? 


post signature




We were kindly gifted vouchers for our meal from Beefeater, but this review is 100% my own and honest opinion (and I would have happily paid for such a lovely meal). 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!