Friday, 22 May 2015

Barry M Daylight Curing Polish: Review

I had been searching for a long lasting nail polish to wear for my holidays after giving up on a fantasy of leisurely getting gel nails done (I was very limited on both time and money). I came across the Barry M Daylight curing polishes which promised professional salon gel nails from home without the need for a UV lamp.  It sounded good to me.  

I picked up the shades Do It Like A Nude and Peach For The Stars and then also bought the special top coat which you apply to transform the polish to a gel like shine. The instructions state to apply two thin coats of the colour and finish with a coat of the Daylight Curing Topcoat.  You then wait for the polish to dry in natural sunlight for the polish to cure and give you long lasting hi gloss nails. All of the polishes are removed with normal nail polish remover.   


I found that Do It Like A Nude needed three coats for it to become opaque.  But the drying time was pretty quick and I found once I got to the last nail, I could start again reapplying another coat to the first nail. The top coat added a gorgeous shine to my nails and dried quickly too. 

The formula on my nails definitely looked more high shine and glossy than my usual polishes and its staying power was also longer too.  I had read somewhere that it can give you up to 10 days wear, and whilst that may be true to toe nails, on my finger nails I noticed chips appearing after 4 days, but to be fair, I didn't take any extra care with my nails.  I think on holiday the longevity of the polish would be increased.  

I would definitely recommend giving these polishes a go and they come in a range of pretty colours, and for £4.99 each this is alot cheaper than getting nails done professionally. The polishes are also on currently offer at Boots. For me, the staying power may not be 10 days, but I think the high shine and gorgeous colour more than made up for it. 

Have you tried Barry M Daylight curing polishes? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.  

Thanks for reading, 




post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!