Thursday, 13 August 2015

A perfect pregnancy and first year record book

I am one of those people who find it very important to record and maintain records on all life events in the Bee household. I print photo's and complete family albums regularly, and when my daughter was born I completed a bump to baby book where I recorded things like bump measurements and took photos of my ever expanding waistline. For my second pregnancy, I didn't want it to be any different. 

After scouring the internet for a book to record pregnancy milestones and baby's arrival, I found the Hey Baby New Baby Record Book by Alilia from Not On The High Street. What immediately attracted to me to the book was the beautiful illustrations and quite quirky way of recording information in oppose to a diary style type book.  My order quickly arrived, and I was not disappointed. 



The Hey Baby book is beautifully designed and thoughtfully written.  I didn't want a book where I had to write pages and pages of information, because I knew the book would never get completed.  Hey Baby is designed in such a way that you record little snippets of information, such as pregnancy likes and dislikes, when you met your partner, potential names and scan photo's in quirky little boxes or within illustrations. There is space to record all of baby's first's, right up until their first birthday.  




Interspersed between the spaces to record things are really beautiful quotes that made me cry when I read them (granted I am quite hormonal) and some lovely pieces of life advice. I love the family tree page with this beautiful verse, 

"You are one of many, 
small branches of a tree, 
strong roots and boughs a-plenty, 
stretch as far as you can see, 
new shoot, 
reach for the sunshine, 
find your own way to grow, 
beneath you branches entwine, 
support you as you go". 

The book has blank spaces where if you want to document more you can and no two pages are the same.  I haven't seen a book as lovely as this for recording pregnancy and baby's first year.  This would make a beautiful baby shower present or even new baby gift as due to the lay-out of the book you can be really flexible about how you fill it in, so it really doesn't matter if you didn't start it on day one of your pregnancy.

I have loved filling in this memory book and really hope in years to come my son or daughter will enjoy reading it too. Being pregnant is such a special time, and you always think you will remember those little things, but you don't.  This book is a gorgeous way of recording those little things that are so important.  

Thanks for reading, 




1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous. With H, someone close to us bought us a memory book and I felt compelled to use it even though I didn't really like it. This is really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete