Monday, 10 August 2015

Pregnancy Blog: Week 26

I'm so sorry for this delayed blog post! In fact, I am so sorry for the absolute silence that that has been my blog this last week! As soon as I don't feel well or feel myself, immediately my blog is one of the first things that goes.  Maybe if I was a bit more prepared I would have back-up post's ready, but last week, I had no such back up, so nothing was posted.  

But here I am, and as you may have gathered, week 26 has been a bit bumpy.  I thought I was getting a cold at the end of last week, and that cold did come so I have felt pretty rough for a few days.  But, after I got rid of the cold, I just didn't feel 'myself'.  I had arranged to meet up with various friends in the week, but I was finding everything a real struggle and effort and all I wanted to do was lie on the sofa.  I just felt really tired, aching and nauseous in the mornings. 

Things came to a head in the week when I started to worry that maybe something wasn't right so I rang the midwife on Friday morning who saw me later that day.  She checked baby and everything was absolutely fine and I heard babies heartbeat which was very reassuring. They did some other checks and everything seems to be OK. And for the last few days I have felt much better. 

It really gave me a bit of a wake up call though, and even though I eat quite healthily anyway, I've ramped it up.  I really want to feel well during this pregnancy. I'm now taking a daily pregnancy multi-vitamin, fresh orange juice with breakfast and just making sure I'm looking after myself a bit more with lots of fruit and vegetables.

Aside from the drama of not feeling great, I'm also really uncomfortable after eating which unfortunately appears to be most of the time as some form of food tends to be in my hand, whether that is fruit or a cookie! The discomfort is right under my ribcage and I find doing some side stretching really helps. 


Bump is certainly sprouting, and I don't think there is any mistaking it now! Someone else asked me if I was excited this week, which really makes me giggle as I want to ask them if that's a serious question or not!!! Erm, of course I'm excited, I'm having a baby!!!! 

Apologies again for my little absence and as always thank you for reading! 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Normal delivery of your baby is possible if you take right care of your health during pregnancy. Right diet and right exercise during pregnancy to ensure natural childbirth or normal delivery. Read on to find pregnancy tips for having normal delivery or natural childbirth.

    ReplyDelete