Friday, 21 August 2015

Pregnancy Blog: Week 28

I am officially now in the third trimester! Woop woop! There appears to be some debate as to when you are actually in your third and final trimester (!), but I think the consensus appears to be that by the time you are in your 28th week, you've reached the trimester milestone.  So hello third and final trimester! Eeek! 


Baby feels really huge at the moment, though I know he or she can't be that big yet, but they are the biggest wriggler ever. Come 7pm baby appears to have a disco hour marathon, and waves every part of its little body.  You can actually see my whole stomach moving and baby really kicks out if you put a hand on my stomach.  I really can't remember my daughter being this active.  I've read that the wake / sleep cycles baby has now are most likely the ones baby will have once they are born.  All I can say is we are going to be very busy in the evenings!

I thought I was going into labour on Monday night as all day I had what felt like Braxton Hicks, and then in the evening, my stomach kept feeling like it was going really tight and crampy.  Always the one not to panic, my imagination ran wild as I am so not ready AT ALL for baby to come, I mean I haven't even finished reading my labour book!  

I went to bed super early and then on Tuesday I felt lots better. Someone told me that your Braxton Hicks are much stronger in your second pregnancy?!? I'm not sure what it was, but I'm glad baby is comfortable and happy where he or she is for now! 

I had my 28 week midwife appointment this week and all was well.  Baby is lying across my stomach in a little hammock shape, which may explain my continued rib pain.

So other than me panicking about labour, having rib pain and disco hour, all is well and I think this month is where I am going to get a bit more organised and finish decorating the nursery.  I also need to send my husband to the depths of the loft for the mountain of baby items that I'm sure are up there!

I've had people say some very funny things to me recently, so be sure to keep an eye out for a post next week of what NOT to say to a pregnant lady! 

Thanks for reading and hope you have a lovely weekend, 



post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!