Friday, 4 September 2015

Pregnancy Blog: Week 30

For some reason, entering week 30 has really made me think that I haven't got long to go at all.  10 weeks really doesn't sound like a very long time to me, and I can't quite believe that 30 weeks of this pregnancy have gone by already!

I have felt quite well this last week, and apart from a slight hiccup on Friday night, there have been no Braxton Hick's or false labour moments! Ok, ok, so you want to hear about the hiccup on Friday night.  


Basically, I have been getting really fed up of my hair.  It's so long now and takes so long to dry that I have debated whether to just cut it all off and be done with it. Usually when I start thinking these thoughts, I change the colour a little and then I like my hair for a few more months. 

So, I saw some hair dye in Boots that gave you a 'bronde' type of colour (not quite blonde but not quite brown).  You apply the dye with a little brush rather than applying it to your whole head and I thought this sounded fantastic as it meant the colour wasn't coming into direct contact with my scalp, and therefore would be a better alternative during pregnancy. All I can say is that home alone with my daughter on Friday night, a few hours later and my hair had turned a really lovely streaky shade of orange!!! 

At 7pm, I rushed to Boots with a tired toddler in tow, and orange hair in a bun (I actually hid from someone I knew because I thought it looked that bad!!!!). I was a bit dubious of the bottles claiming to completely strip my hair of the colour, so I opted for another hair colour to mask my orange barnet. 

Now, I picked up dark blonde, and whilst my hair colour is no longer orange, its also darker than I wanted (I had originally wanted to go lighter).  I spent the next few hours sitting staring at my hair and then, in a bid to almost cause myself more pain, I started Googling if you should dye your hair whilst pregnant (bearing in mind I had already dyed it). 

I have to say, no one has actually noticed my hair colour change.  I had to tell my husband what I had done before he realised and my friends are none the wiser (unless everyone is just being very kind).  I wouldn't mind so much, but I've dyed my hair a funny shade of orange at least three times now.  I thought you were meant to get wiser as you got older??????

But enough about my hair disaster which I am completely blaming on pregnancy hormones (though I think we all know that's no excuse) back to baby news.  

We have finally bought a new pram, a new bed for our daughter (so her bed can convert back into the cot), and a new cot mattress.  As I type this, I am waiting for the deliveries to arrive, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I am going to have to wait in all day, and then they will come at 5pm or something.  Grrrrrr. 

Baby is also moving lots this afternoon.  And we also don't have a name. I have to have a name picked out ready, because there is no way I can just come up with one on the spot after labour.  Every night me and my husband debate a lengthy list of boys and girls names.  But it's ok, we have another ten weeks to decide!!! Eeeek! 

Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend, 




post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!