Friday, 2 October 2015

Pregnancy Blog: Week 34

So, its finally happened...I've gone nesting mad! This week has seen me going a little crazy trying to get the nursery sorted.  I've lost count of the number of baby gro's I've washed and I think the neighbours must think I have already had the baby, as every day there is a new outfit hanging on the washing line.  I am exhausted, but somehow I'm still going.  I shall not be defeated.  I don't think it helps that my husband is currently away as nobody is here to reign me in, but, I feel better for getting everything sorted.  It's nearly, nearly done!


Today, I popped into town and bought all the things I need for my hospital bag.  I say 'need', and use that term quite loosely. Anyone would think I am going away to the Bahamas for two weeks as I perused the aisles and contemplated how I want my hair to smell post labour, whilst sniffing a copious amount of miniature shampoo and conditioners. Again, I know some would think I'm crazy, but sorting these little things just makes me feel better.  Obviously, I have bought baby essentials too. Which leads me on to a going home outfit. 

I admit, I live in my own little dream world, and in my little dream world, me, my husband, our new arrival and daughter will leave the hospital, and it will be wonderful. Our new little bundle of joy will be immaculate in his or her's gorgeous little outfit and we will make our way home for the first time as a foursome.  

The reality of this scenario is that I will probably be waddling out, with possible sick down my top, and our newborn may or may not be wailing as he or she will need a feed.  A nice baby outfit will be the least of my worries.  However, this doesn't stop me.  And can I find a nice plain suit anywhere? No. I feel like I am the only person in England who has opted for a surprise knowing the gender.  All I can find is pink or blue outfits.  Or ones with words emblazoned across the front.  I will let you know how my search goes.  I did end up on the Selfridges website, but after seeing a Gucci snow-suit for £500 I decided I was definitely in the wrong place! 

I'm feeling OK in myself this week.  Baby's movements feel huge now when he or she moves. Possibly verging on uncomfortable as my whole belly wobbles from side to side.  I have some belly button news too...well sort of.  If I've eaten alot in the day, my belly button then  pops out in the evening.  It does return to its usual innie self the next morning, but I think its only a matter of time before it makes the transition to being an outtie full-time.  

My 34 week midwife check went well, and baby is now head down which is good news.  She did say the position could change, but baby's little legs were tucked under my ribs with his or her arms to my left.  Personally I think her or she is still doing somersaults in there, or at least trying their best to. 

I will definitely have my hospital bag packed for next week.  I know I've said this on nearly every blog post, but definitely by next week.  Definitely. :-) 

Thanks for reading, 




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a belly button update! Such a gorgeous bump. Nesting is necessary, the hub and I still giggle about the crazy stuff I did in the final few weeks. So funny. Hopefully you get the bag packed soon ;) xx

    ReplyDelete