Thursday, 22 October 2015

Re-discovering The Body Shop

I haven't stepped foot inside a Body Shop store for a very, very long time.  In fact, I think it may have been about 10 years ago. The truth be told is that I actually used to work in a Body Shop whilst I was at college.  I really enjoyed working there as I used to get lots of free samples to try the products so I could (hopefully) be knowledgeable about them and recommend them to customers.  Every week I had a new hair mask or cream to try.   
Whilst I liked the job, it unfortunately coincided with me just discovering nights out and alcohol.  I had many a hangover on a Saturday morning, and I can vaguely remember the store manger marching me into the back when I had attempted to do a gift basket for someone that looked like my dog had done it.  No, it looked far far worse than that.  I was never very good with cellophane and bows.  

Anyway, I completely digress.  Last week, I thought I would have a wander in and see what was new and if any products caught my eye.  I left half an hour later with a bag full of goodies and lots of freebies which always signifies a good shopping trip to me!!!

The first thing I picked up was two mini tubs of the coconut body scrub and body butter. These are the original body butters in my opinion, and they smelt as good as ever.  I thought the small body butter would be a perfect size for my labour bag. 


The next thing that caught my eye was the Spa of the World section, which looked like a new range from the Body Shop aimed at being luxurious and bringing spa treatments to home. I picked up this Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil which you apply to clean skin and you can also apply to hair too. 


This oil feels really luxurious and smells delicious.  It sinks into the skin really quickly and after using, my skin felt really soft and actually looks healthy with a 'glow'.  I haven't applied it to my hair yet, but I would say a little goes a long way as after applying to my body, some of my hair rubbed into it and then became quite greasy looking, so just make sure you tie your hair up!!! 

I also really loved the smell of the Hawaiian Kukui Cream, which unfortunately they had sold out of.  It smelt absolutely delicious and was a really thick whipped moisturising cream. I will definitely be going back to pick that up. 

Whilst these products are a bit more expensive than my usual brands, I think they feel really luxurious and are a really nice treat to use.  I've really enjoyed using them during some 'me' time before baby comes.  

Whilst I was in store, I also signed up to the free Love Your Body Club, which is a reward-points scheme, similar to other in-store points cards.  As I had spent over £25, I automatically got a voucher for £5 off my next purchase and I got a full sized honey body butter and bath melt! 


I have tried both of these products and they smell delicious and probably all the nicer as they were free!!! 

If you fancy a few special body treats, then I would definitely recommend popping into your local Body Shop and it's also worth asking about what offers are currently on if you sign up for their points card too!!! 

Now not to say the 'C' word, but I now have my eye on the Body Shop's advent calendar and I shall be emailing the link to my husband! I am a sucker for beauty advent calendars, and I was so impressed with these products, I think a little Body Shop treat every day in December would be perfect! 

Thanks for reading,  




post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!