Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Pregnancy skin changes

During my first pregnancy I don't think I ever really took much notice of any skin changes that I experienced, that, or I didn't really have any changes.  The only thing I did notice was after I had had my eldest, my hair started to fall out in clumps and I had quite strange regrowth around my hair line, made all the more noticeable when I put my hair up, which was my go to hair style at the time, turning me into some wispy samiad like creature.  But I digress. 

This time round, there seemed to be alot going on with my skin. During the last few weeks of my pregnancy I had horrible breakouts and dry patches all over my chin and jaw-line. No amount of cleansing or skin masks could shift it, and then strangely, the very day I had LL the breakouts and dryness just disappeared.  However, this was quickly replaced with dry skin on my body.  And I'm talking really dry skin here, like on a par with some sort of reptile.  

I'm not sure if it was the hormones, the fact that I was so sleep deprived my body was unable to actually function properly, nursing bras and vests being constantly worn, or a mixture of all three. No matter what I tried, and let's be honest, I buy ALOT of beauty products (husband please read...I hardly buy anything), nothing seemed to work.

I never thought to try the brand Aveeno, even though I have been using it on my eldest daughter's skin for a while now.  So whilst browsing in my local Boots I picked up Aveeno Skin Relief moisturising lotion, and I wish I had picked it up alot sooner. It is amazing, and this post isn't even sponsored!

Since using the cream, my skin has completely changed.  All the dry and itchy patches on my back have disappeared, and my skin actually looks healthy again.  Even though the product is for dry skin, the formulation absorbs quickly, unlike others I've tried, and it's not at all greasy with no sticky residue. It has a very subtle pleasant smell which you don't really notice anyway and, well, I just love it.  If you have very dry skin that nothing else seems to moisturise, I can not recommend this product enough.




post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!