Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Summer Oldies

The sun is shining and Summer is just around the corner...well kind of. If you live in the UK you need to forget the days last week where it was freezing and we had torrential rain. But, it's the 1st of June and for all intents and purposes, that means Summer is upon us. A new season means switching up the beauty products I use and rediscovering some products that have been stashed away at the back of my cupboard.

As a blogger, it can sometimes be tempting to jump on the band wagon for all of the lovely new products and beauty releases.  But sometimes, the oldies are the best.  These products have stood the test of time, I've already blogged and raved about them and I still love them today. Here's my top Summer picks that I am currently loving from the blog archives. 

The Foundation
Warmer days means less make up, I want a foundation that isn't too heavy and isn't going to slide down my face as the days get warmer, oh and if if could make my skin look amazing that would be great too.  For Summer, I adore the Estee Lauder Enlighten Even Effect Skin Tone Corrector, you can read all about that here and see how it looks and why it's so lovely. 

Perfume
Another Estee Lauder pick is the Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche.  A light scent that smells of holiday and sunshine, what more could you want? More on that here.

Nails
Truth be told, I haven't worn nail polish in months.  I literally do not have the time at the moment, and painting my nails just feels like another thing on my never ending to do list. I do have around 60 seconds spare though, so enter Rimmel's 60 second nail polish that I am a huge fan of.  I painted my nails in the shade 503, Mind The Gap Victoria, and I've had three compliments already.  It's a beautiful shade that builds up the colour brilliantly in just two coats.  More on the shade here.  

Ok, Summer.  I think I'm ready for you! 


post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!