Friday, 17 June 2016

The Milk Edit 17.06.16

This week, I popped into town to pick up a few last minute holiday clothes.  For some reason, I thought it would be an easy mission.  That was my first mistake.  My second, was to end up pushing a pram and holding LL whilst also try to get a few essentials from Sainsbury's with, erm, no hands free.  But that's another story for another day. 

I had to put back at least 3/4 of the clothes I tried on.  It got me thinking that it really isn't just a case of a top or dress being able to be pulled to the side, lifted up or unbuttoned to be breastfeeding friendly.  When you are breastfeeding, things like the lowness of the back and front (for compatibility with a nursing bra and the amount of boob you actually want to show), the thickness and positioning of the straps, the amount of stretch or give in the material all play a part as to if a little one can latch on in your said outfit. 

I managed to pick up a few pieces in the end, and I've put all my shopping 'research' to practice for this week's post.  I hope you enjoy this week's The Milk Edit, and don't forget to follow on Instagram too, with the username The_Milk_Edit, and use the hashtag #themilkedit with any outfits that you find easy to breastfeed in. You shouldn't be confined to vests and t-shirts just because you're breastfeeding. 

Thank you again for all your lovely support and fingers crossed for some sunshine this weekend in the UK. Enjoy! 












No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!