Monday, 1 August 2016

Hello Me!

As far as birthdays go, I'm notoriously picky hard to buy for. As my birthday rolls around each year, me and my husband have at least one argument discussion as to how stressful it is for him and how I verge on ungrateful with the worst happy present face going if I don't quite like something he's bought.  In my defence, I do have the worst happy present face going, but I'd much prefer to take something back and get something I will love rather than accept muddy brown converse and never wear them (true story).  

As we were away in Portugal for my birthday, and also because I had packed all suitcases to the brim with crap important and necessary toiletries and clothing, I had most of my presents when we returned home.  I'll do another post on what I got, purely for the reason that I love reading other people's wish list and present's, for inspiration and my own wish list reasons, so stay tuned for that.  But this present really warranted a post of it's very own.  

Introducing, well, me!



This gorgeous little doll was hand made by the extremely talented Malgo of Whisper of the Pipit, who designs and creates the most wonderful bespoke little people.

My husband had given Malgo a picture of me in one of my outfit posts from this blog, and from that picture she made a little me! The detail on the doll is just amazing. 

Here are the pictures from the original post Malgo used, 




The doll is wearing my favourite military jacket complete with striped top and tiny converse. 


Is it wrong to say I love me? I now want a little family to go with me, complete with Mr.Bee and Bee and LL too. 

Malgo is so talented and from what my husband says, a pleasure to order from and design together something so bespoke. I know these dolls will be treasured forever and will really capture our family as we are right now. 

If you are looking for a unique gift, then definitely check out Malgo's work, she does a range of dolls and even cake toppers, for something totally unusual, original and extremely special. If only I looked like this when I woke up first thing in the morning.  

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty doll :).
    Looks a lot like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!! I'm so happy you love your little You! I love my me and my husband too! I'm very lucky to know Malgo personally and can say that she is not only an amazingly talented artist, but also one of the best friends, people, human being, I know! :-)

    ReplyDelete