Tuesday, 9 August 2016

Urgh

Before I begin this urgh post huge apologies for the delayed Milk Edit. I'm hoping no-one noticed but for some reason the post didn't go live on Friday (err, I didn't press publish).  I've just put it live now. Lesson learnt to check I've pressed the right buttons (duh!). 

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Or downwards actually.  I've had a horrendous past few days as I'm ill with mastitis.  For anyone who has never had mastitis it is horrendous, painful and like the flu but worse. It started with an achy boob on Saturday tea-time and just 12 hours later had developed into full blown mastitis, with a fever, pain and not being able to get out of bed.  I'll write another post on mastitis and what I've found useful to survive as I know that won't be to everyone's reading preference.  

Now no time is a good time to have mastitis, but this week was the worst. Mr. Bee left for America for the week yesterday morning and LL is ill too.  I struggled through yesterday (just) with the help of Topsy and Tim, strategically lying amongst toys and lots of snacks. I had periods of feeling ok-ish, but by the evening my temperature had gone up again and I felt awful.  I put Bee to bed and then LL was unsettled, for TWO HOURS. I then collapsed into bed with another fever and praying the antibiotics would kick in.  

And I think they have.  Well I hope they have.  The three of us are just sitting on the bed now and I've actually washed my face which is a positive step.  Though my hair looks like a birds nest, but hey ho, you can't have everything. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!